A Hiking Water Bottle That’s Evergreen
by Laura Barlow on Jun 16, 2023
We all know that single-use plastic water bottles are a ‘no-no’. That’s why our hiking water bottle is built from recycled materials with reuse in mind.
Designed with details to make you think ‘ah, thank goodness they thought of that’ and with the intention of making a dent into the plastic pandemic, our reusable Outdoor Water Bottle is a feel-good fluid vessel for thirsty hikers.
Never Leave Home Without It
Alarmingly, the average person uses over 150 plastic bottles a year and barely recycles any of them! Whether it’s the one you take in your car with you, the one slotted inside the baby carrier or the one that lives in your handbag, we've all got to get into the habit of having a singular, reusable water bottle.
Understanding the Significance of Proper Hydration
As an outdoorsy sort, we understand that you may be too distracted by the bountiful amounts of beauty on show to realise that you’re dehydrated.
A lot of ACAI’s hiking attire has cooling, quick-drying and sweat-wicking properties, making you think that you’re not losing any H2O whatsoever, but you are, of course.
Physical activities like hiking require an adequate supply of water for you to perform at your best. Hydration plays a vital role in maintaining your overall well-being, regulates body temperature, supports cardiovascular function, lubricates joints, and aids in digestion. It can even help prevent muscle cramps and fatigue, allowing you to enjoy your hiking adventures to the fullest.
The Role of a Reliable Hiking Water Bottle
The best hiking water bottle should be one you can rely upon. Time and time again. It needs to be simple and functional so that it performs as it should when you need it.
There’s no need to over engineer a water bottle or give it accessories it doesn’t need. It should all be about ease of use and zero worries!
That’s why we designed our water bottle to meet the specific needs of outdoor enthusiasts. With its durable construction and convenient features, it is built to withstand the rigours of outdoor adventures, as well as day-to-day activities, while keeping your hydration needs at its core.
Key Factors to Consider in a Hiking Water Bottle
Durability & Leak-Proof Features
The whole idea behind a reusable water bottle is that it can actually be reused. If it damages easily or leaks as soon as it's not upright, it’s likely you’ll never use it more than once.
- The design here is deliberate. The solid spherical robustness of our water bottle means it can withstand bumps, drops and the rough and ready nature of a hike.
- A series of creative tests resulted in a leak-proof design that will not let you down. It’s peace of mind that your back-pack will stay dry.
Insulation & Temperature Regulation Options
Whether you’re warming up post-wild swim, or keeping your fluids up on a hot summer hike, the ACAI Outdoor Water Bottle has double wall vacuum insulation; meaning it keeps hot things hot and cold things cold (just not at the same time, obviously).
- Keep your tea, coffee or hot choccy warm for 8 hours and rehydrate with your favourite beverage at multiple stops throughout the day.
- If it’s a cold drink you crave to keep you hydrated on a hike, expect up to 18 hours of climate control to keep things chilled.
Capacity & Size for Adequate Fluid Intake
Depending on how far you like to hike and the intensity of it, you may want to consider alternative water vessels, or plan in some clean water refills along the way. Alternatively, one of your hiking buddies might carry extra water (if you ask nicely).
- A half-litre (500ml) capacity gives you enough confidence to venture outdoors with enough fluid to keep your water-levels topped up.
- At 24cm in height (including the lid) and 7cm in diameter, this is a reasonably sized water bottle.
Weight & Portability for Convenience
When you're on the move, every ounce matters. Unnecessary weight is unwelcome. With portability in mind, we wanted to make our water bottle easy to carry and lightweight.
- Clip the easy-hold lid to a strap using a carabiner for quick access and as a way to distribute weight away from the base of your backpack.
- Weighing just 270g, when it’s empty, you don't have to worry about carrying any extra weight around with you.
Aesthetics & Style
Whilst a hiking water bottle is mostly designed for functionality and performance purposes, it’s still nice to hold something that looks and feels like the rest of the ACAI collection.
- The evergreen colour reflects the evergreen of nature. It symbolises sustainability.
- An elegant, minimal fuss design is adorned with the ACAI emblem for good measure, and powder coated to ensure the logo has longevity.
A Hiking Water Bottle for Reuse & Rehydration
Get used to reuse. Unlike most reusable water bottles ACAI’s outdoor water bottle is dishwasher safe. This makes for faff-free cleaning and a quick turnaround for daily use, so there’s no need for single-use water bottles.
We want you to enjoy your hiking adventures to the fullest. Having a reliable hiking water bottle to maintain hydration should be an essential part of your kit.
Dehydration can have serious consequences, especially when you're out on the trails. If you don't drink enough water during your hike, you’re opening up the risks of: dizziness, fatigue, muscle cramps, and even heat exhaustion or heat stroke (in severe cases).
We Are Sustainable
Part of our commitment to our customers is ensuring our products are made with as little environmental impact as possible. We wanted to take the same approach with our hiking water bottle.
Integrating sustainability into a business takes time but like every adventure we must begin by taking our first steps, and we are proud of the steps we have taken so far and the direction we are heading.