IT'S AN OUTDOORSING THING
Outdoorsing! It’s a verb, a doing word, a word that you get to define. It’s about getting outdoors where you can move, connect with nature, recharge and breathe in the fresh air. Nature brings so many benefits to the mind, body and soul and we feel passionately about more women enjoying these benefits.
Support our 'Outdoorsing' mission by joining a diverse group of women, including Kirsty Gallacher, Helen Skelton & Gabby Logan, and doctors Julie Smith and Megan Rossi, to encourage and inspire more women to embrace the outdoors. As part of the ‘Outdoorsing’ mission we would love you to share your wellbeing tips and personal stories as to why being outdoors is so important in your life. Being outdoors is proven to be an easy, accessible, and free way to reduce stress, lower blood pressure and look after your physical and mental health.
Follow #ACAIoutdoorsing to get inspired!
Outdoorsing. Join The Movement
If you are struggling to get to sleep, struggling to get up, or boost your mood, here's the most underrated way to boost your mental health - get outside!
On average we spend 90% of our time indoors, but if we get outside in green space, we can reduce the stress hormones in our body, reduce anxiety and lift our mood.
5 Reasons to Go for a Walk Today
1) Walking outside in sunlight allows your skin to produce Vitamin D.
2) Public green spaces are usually linked with more social interaction, which can improve well being.
3) Exercising outdoors in a natural environment has been shown to be beneficial for your health.
4) Forest bathing has been shown to lower stress levels and blood pressure.
5) Being in green space exposes you to microbes, linked with supporting our immune system and regulating inflammation.