Our 2021 Achievements and ambitions for 2022
Kasia Bromley, ACAI co-founder and creative director, reflects on everything the brand has achieved in the past twelve months and shares her ambitions for ACAI going into 2022.
Key achievements in 2021:
- In July we successfully launched the Outdoorsing movement. A campaign that encourages women to get outdoors in their own way, be it a hike, park stroll or run and connect with nature. As a brand, it is important that we promote looking after mental wellbeing, as much as physical wellbeing, and we are incredibly proud of what we achieved through Outdoorsing.
- We are proud to say we have inspired over 70,000 women to get outdoors in our most successful year since launching the brand, we hope to spread the ACAI message even further in 2022.
- The ACAI team has almost doubled in the last 12 months from 10 to 19 members of staff, we are a close-knit team who are focused on sustainability and quality and who support one another in reaching the same goals.
- One of our biggest achievements of the last 12 months, was raising over £23,000 in charitable donations through our Bright Friday campaign, which went to Women In Sport, a charity that encourages girls and women to take up exercise and get involved with sport.
- Finally, we have taken significant steps in reducing plastic where possible from our packaging. Our garments now come in reusable polyester mesh bags and are posted in recycled and recyclable mail out bags. Our team has also been busy exploring the use of more sustainable performance coatings and utilising recyclable materials which we are looking to introduce in 2022.
Ambitions for 2022
- Our number one goal for next year is to become an even more sustainable brand. Looking after the planet is central to everything we do and in 2022 we want to introduce more recycled fabrics into our range.
- Next year we want to increase the number of charities we work with, helping financially support causes that are close to your and ACAI’s heart.
- In 2022 we will be significantly expanding our product range, with some incredibly exciting pieces dropping in the second half of next year.
- Next year, we will be continuing to promote the outdoorsing message and want to inspire even more women get out and explore nature with the 2022 iteration of the campaign being bigger and better than before.
- Finally, we want to double our headcount by the end of next year, adding to our team of empowered and driven women. So, if you think you have something to offer, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.